- Sudden NUMBNESS or weakness of face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden CONFUSION, trouble speaking or understanding speech
- Sudden TROUBLE SEEING in one or both eyes
- Sudden TROUBLE WALKING, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden SEVERE HEADACHE with no known cause
If someone shows any of these symptoms, immediately call 9-1-1 or emergency medical services.
F.A.S.T. is an easy way to remember the sudden signs and symptoms of stroke. Learn more about F.A.S.T.